CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a Day...

Today is bitter sweet. I have mentioned Layla Grace in several of my blog posts. This little girl has touched so many lives it is truly amazing. Almost every blog I read has at some point talked about Layla's battle with neuroblastoma. She has been suffering in pain for quite awhile. I have read her parent's blog (every post) and it has broken my heart. I have looked at her pictures and cried. A little girl, I have never met, that thousands have never met, has forever left an imprint on my heart. She lost her battle this morning and is now at peace in Heaven. I can't imagine what her parents are going through. I can't imagine watching one of my children fighting for their life and not being able to do anything about it. I admire their strength and courage and her parent's absolute faith in God. So today, I am sad for Layla's family. I am sad that they will never get to watch their beautiful girl experience life. But what Layla accomplished in two short years, is more then most will accomplish in 50. She brought strangers together in prayer, closer to families and closer to God. Layla Grace is truly an angel...


So today, instead of picking up toys all day and constantly doing the dreaded chores (while the older two were at school). I played. I got on the floor with the Blond One and tickled her so much her laughing made me laugh. I kissed her a thousand times and told her how much I love her. We went to pick up the Red Head and Brunette from school and I couldn't have been more happy to see them. When we got home, we thew our things inside. I grabbed the camera and we went outside to enjoy the beautiful spring day (Texas doesn't have many of those!) So enjoy the MANY pictures I took today...
What is more fun then big wheels??
Still trying to figure out the "perfect" camera settings!
My dreamy baby!!
Love those hands!
Sisters...need I say more?
My world...My three kids (if they would only look at the camera)
My Red Head...what a helper.
My Boy. I love his smile.
 She is her mommy's daughter!!
How I love those cheeks!
The Brunette loves his sisters dearly!
That is me going for an "artistic" angle!!
Sidewalk chalk. It is messy, but today...I didn't care!
There she is...The Blue Minivan!! True inspiration, don't you think???

I am truly blessed. Today, I am thankful my three babies are sleeping soundly in their beds. Safe. Happy. They don't know how much they have changed my life. 

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than skipping chores to play with our children...what a blessing.
    Your kids are SO adorable!
    But I am jealous of your sunshine :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Don't be too jealous, we had a storm this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post....and a wonderful legacy to Layla...I did the same thing today! played and played and just hugged him tight....

    ReplyDelete